Ductless Mini Splits in San Antonio, TX
Enjoy Greater Energy Efficiency & Flexible Comfort—Go Ductless!
Are you interested in installing a ductless mini split system in your home? Ductless mini split AC systems have gained in popularity over the last decade, and for good reason. Mini splits are an affordable, convenient solution for situations where central air conditioning and heating systems aren't the best options for a space. If you're curious about installing a ductless mini split in your San Antonio-area home, give Zimmermann Air Conditioning & Heating a call today to request a free, no-obligation estimate. We also offer free second opinions!
Take a look at what our customers have to say and see why we are the most trusted ductless mini split services and installation providers in all of San Antonio, TX!
5 Great Reasons to Install a Ductless Mini Split
- Ductless mini splits save energy and money. Because each unit is controlled by its own thermostat, you can choose which rooms to heat and cool. Turning off the system in rooms that are not being used can save you a significant amount of money on your electricity bill.
- Ductless mini splits give you greater control over your comfort. Again, because mini splits are each controlled separately, you can finally end the fight over the thermostat and customize the temperature room by room.
- Mini splits are great for older homes. Because mini splits do not require ductwork, they are an ideal solution for older homes that may not have any air ducts installed, or in other situations in which it would be cost-prohibitive to install or replace ducts.
- Mini splits are also great for rooms that are hard to heat and cool. Do you have a shed, workshop, garage, sunroom, or similar space that is not connected to your central air conditioning system? A mini split may be just the solution you're looking for.
- Mini split systems heat AND cool. These versatile systems provide year-round comfort no matter what the temperature is outside.
- Mini split systems are more efficient. Ductless mini splits have higher efficiency ratings than ducted air conditioning systems, which a SEER rating as high as 30.
- Mini split systems are easy to install. Ductless mini splits are easy and especially hassle-free to install. They take less time and effort to install compared to ductless AC systems and are a great option if you currently don't already have ductwork installed into your home.
- Mini split systems are more environmentally-friendly. Mini split systems can help to reduce your carbon footprint! Due to their higher efficiency rating, they will not only lower your utility bills but also decrease your carbon emissions.
How Do Ductless Air Conditioners Work?
As the name suggests, ductless air conditioning systems work without any ductwork involved. They work with two main system components. These units are separate and work together to cool your home through the AC system.
These two components are:
- The outdoor unit (indoor compressor or condenser)
- The indoor unit (indoor evaporator)
The outdoor unit is responsible for removing any absorbed heat from inside your home, outside. The indoor component is responsible for exerting cool and conditioned air into your home. The two units are connected through a small hole in your home's wall, close to where the mini split would be located.
The most common type of ductless air conditioning system is the ductless mini split. However, there are other types of ductless air conditioning systems.
Here are the main types of ductless air conditioning systems:
- Ductless mini splits
- Wall-mounted multi-splits
- Portable Air Conditioners (PTCAs)
- AC window units
- Cassette-type ACs
- How a mini split ac could save you money
- Using Your Senses to Diagnose AC Problems
- When should I get a new AC? Do I really need a new AC?
- How often should I clean my air ducts?
To inquire about a ductless air conditioner in San Antonio, call (210) 880-0885 now.
“I requested a service and inspection from Zimmermann AC and Heating 3/23 and Omar arrived promptly and took care of it quickly and professionally. My husband stated that our AC hasn’t worked this well since we purchased the home.”- Merry G.
“The recommendations were sorted by what was really needed and what could wait for later. James was careful to explain why the recommendations were being made as well. I am so pleased with Zimmerman. I highly recommend this company without reservation.”- Roberta H.
“Luke and his team are professional and take time to explain everything and answer any questions. Zimmermann AC makes sure that the job is done right and professionally. I highly recommend them.”- Jeffrey Flores