AC Installation & Replacement in San Antonio, TX
FREE Estimates & Financing Available — Call (210) 880-0885 Now!
Zimmermann Air Conditioning & Heating is the name to trust when you need help finding and installing the perfect AC unit for your home. With over 30 years of experience and a long list of satisfied clients, we're proud to be one of the most trusted air conditioning companies in San Antonio. If your air conditioner has completely broken down or just isn't working as reliably as it used to, our knowledgeable, highly trained technicians can help you understand your options and find the right solution for your needs and budget.
As a family owned and locally operated air conditioning company, we prioritize honesty and integrity when providing ac replacement in San Antonio.
Why choose us for your San Antonio AC installation service?
- We offer convenient financing options and online coupons to help make your purchase more affordable
- We offer emergency service for unexpected AC system breakdowns
- We are highly rated by many happy customers throughout the area
- We offer FREE estimates and second opinions for system replacements
Signs You Need AC Replacement
While not every issue with your air conditioning unit means you need a new one, it's important to keep an eye out for signs that it's time to get an AC replacement professional involved.
Here are common signs it's time for AC replacement:
- Old age – The average AC system lasts 10 to 15 years. Systems that are older than this tend to perform far less efficiently, meaning you could be paying more for energy than you have to.
- Limited airflow – If your system is not pushing air through your vents as powerfully as it used to, it could mean a number of things. Depending on the extent of the issues and cost of AC repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace your system.
- No cold air – A lack of cold air could be due to a broken compressor or low refrigerant levels, which are both fixable issues. Sometimes the problem goes much deeper, and it means you should consider moving forward with AC replacement in San Antonio.
- Moisture problems – While condensation around an AC unit is normal, excessive leakage can indicate a much bigger problem requiring a full air conditioning replacement.
- Unusual noises – Grinding, banging, squealing, rattling, and other strange noises often reflect a serious problem. If this is the first time this has happened, you may only require repairs. On the other hand, if this is a reoccurring issue, it may be time for a new air conditioner.
- Uneven cooling – If your rooms are different temperatures, it may just be a thermostat issue. Sometimes uneven cooling is an indication that you need new AC installation in San Antonio.
- Frequent repairs – If you find yourself paying to have your AC repaired repeatedly, it could mean you need to hire a more experienced technician. More often than not, it indicates that the time has come for you to replace your air conditioner.
Need a second opinion? Get in touch with us to schedule an inspection of your system!
Our AC Installation Process: The Importance of Correct AC Sizing
Some homeowners think that installing a new air conditioner is as easy as taking it out of the box and hooking it up as if it were a new TV. However, this is far from the truth. AC installation can be extremely difficult and dangerous if someone doesn’t have the proper training, tools, and experience.
Our installation experts in San Antonio have the knowledge and expertise to ensure the job is done right. We’ll start by helping you find an air conditioner that is best sized and suited for your living space. To do this, we perform what is called a "load calculation," which uses a formula that takes into account things like the square footage of your space, how many rooms you need to cool, how high your ceilings are, and more.
Once we've determined the correct size needed, we’ll then make sure your new AC is expertly installed and set up to perform as safely, efficiently, and effectively as possible for many years to come.
“I requested a service and inspection from Zimmermann AC and Heating 3/23 and Omar arrived promptly and took care of it quickly and professionally. My husband stated that our AC hasn’t worked this well since we purchased the home.”- Merry G.
“The recommendations were sorted by what was really needed and what could wait for later. James was careful to explain why the recommendations were being made as well. I am so pleased with Zimmerman. I highly recommend this company without reservation.”- Roberta H.
“Luke and his team are professional and take time to explain everything and answer any questions. Zimmermann AC makes sure that the job is done right and professionally. I highly recommend them.”- Jeffrey Flores